CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Moving Dirt


Stan and Greg break ground where a witness claimed to have buried remains he found two years before.





A true professional; the poster boy for all who consider themselves elite. A real man amongst men... me.





Alex and Larry work to clean up the dig so that Greg can look at the soil for color changes, consistency differences, feature changes and all sorts of other anthropologist gee whiz stuff that will help us determine where remains may lie. Unfortunately, we did not find remains at this site.





"Damn! That really smarts!!!!" is what I'm assuming it says in Korean on top of this sign. Though I understand the warning, I was feeling risky so I went ahead and walked by.... no anvils dropped on my head... this time.





Larry and I sift through dirt dug from the site we previously found a toe bone at. Chips and fragments of bone can be very small so we look carefully through the dirt.





In this picture Greg and Jerod are sifting on the other side of the site while Alex feeds our screens with dirt. Despite finding a toe bone earlier, we did not find any further remains here.





Ahhhh... another Saturday night back at The One and we finally did it... we topped off our mug full of bottle caps. Here I am setting this magnificent trophy on its new perch, where patrons entering the bar will see that we conquered the challenge. Our reward: a never-heard-of brand of whiskey that could easily take the rust off a WWII tank that's been buried and untouched since the end of the war.... uugghhh... nasty, but well worth the effort.





There it is, shining in all its glory amongst others who completed the task. We set it in the middle because.... well... just because.





The night ended with some noise made at the karaoke bar at the bottom of our hotel. Here Dustin and Larry wrap up a Journey song.



Well... there's another installment of my pictures here in Korea. I hope you've enjoyed them. Bye for now!

1 comments:

Karen said...

You look like an archeology man. And in one picture a retarded archeology man. I would hate to have a retarded archeologists on a dig with me. Is that even possible? No Bill, that is not a rock or peice of chalk, it's a toe bone... retard. So quit playing with it!
I once had an anvil fall on my head, but I didn't heed the sign, I didn't have a helmet on, so be careful!